Saturday, November 6, 2010

Outsmarted again....


I heard the elusive rat rattling in the bottom draw of my oven today. I devised an ingenious plan to turn the stove on and thus coax the rat into the trap and spring it myself with a broom handle. You should have seen me perched up on the counter, broom in hand, trying not to breath. The rat did indeed make an appearance....it stuck it's little head out and then ran around my trap that was a mere inch away from the stove and into the hole next to the dishwasher. I go so frustrated that I shook the dishwasher back and forth, thinking that perhaps it was clinging to the side of it and would be shaken off and have to run back into the stove and we could try again. Alas, it has yet to return. Next time I know what to do but I'm getting mildly annoyed with the high intelligence level of this rodent. Jonny told me to look for a chef hat next time because he's pretty sure that the rat from Ratatouille is residing under our dishwasher.....

No comments: