Friday, February 22, 2008

Why Demetri Martin is Cool


So recently a friend recommended a comedian named Demetri Martin. I will admit that I am a complete snob about comedians and usually listen to 5-10 minutes of someone before I decide that they are complete bunk and write them off forever. But then there was Demetri. I listened for 5 minutes and then wanted 5 minutes more....since them I have listen to around 20 five minute clips of this guy....yes you math genius, that's 100 minutes (aka: 1 hour and 40 minutes).


My recommendation to you is to go onto YouTube and look him up. If you are a lazy jerk and don't feel like taking the time, you can read a few of his jokes below:


"Whenever I see an autobiography for sale at the bookstore, I just look at the about the author section"


"When you are lost and have a map, people are inclined to help. But I have found that its a different story if you have a globe."


"I got some new pajamas with some pockets on them, which is great because I used to just have to hold things while I slept"


"Cotton balls is an example of something I would buy but would not want to have as a nick name"


Really, they are a lot funnier if you listen to them. I would say start off with either "These are Jokes" or "Jokes with Guitar". Go, do it. No really, right now.

2 comments:

-jp- said...

I like. He doesn't suck. :)

Jessica said...

Funny stuff...you should look up some Mitch Hedberg hilarity. I think you will like...