Saturday, May 30, 2009

19 down

So about 2 months ago we started up a weight loss challenge at my job. We were to weigh in every 2 weeks and compare percentages. This was the time to do something I decided. I've been complaining about my weight for too long and doing nothing about it. So I got motivated. I told myself 20 lbs by the beginning of July. I was told by many that this was a pretty hard goal I had set for myself, but that just made it all the more tempting to show them that they were wrong. This was on April 3rd. I weighed in at 150lb.




As of today, I weigh 131 lbs. 19 down, 1 to go until I reach my goal. Not only that but I have never felt better or more confident in myself EVER. I wake up every morning and go work out at the gym. Then I walk 1 1/2 miles to work from the gym. I eat salads and drink natural fruit smoothies made by my personal chef Jonny. I worked by butt off...literally. Take that doubters. For once, I am going to be proud of myself.

1 comment:

Jessy, Greg, Grace, Jack, Nora, and Lexi said...

Whitney, I love that you are bringing your blog back to life! I really wanted to share an article with you from Kristin Armstrong. It was published in Runners World magazine a few years back and ever since has been tape to the side of my fridge. The first time I read it I had tears in my eyes because it is exactly what I wanted for my life and for my kids (showing them by example)! Anyways, here is a link to my blog where I have a copy of the article: http://thillysings.blogspot.com/2009/02/picture-for-dayeat-your-heart-out-pe.html Happy reading.